The Senior Associate of Training & Implementation guides Heart & Soul Coaches and supporting partner organizations as they facilitate the use of the Community Heart & Soul model in small cities and towns. The main vehicle through which this happens is the Community Heart & Soul Coach Training Program. Alongside Training Team colleagues, the Senior Associate of Training & Implementation adeptly weaves the three components of the Community Heart & Soul Coach Training Program (formal instruction, collaborative learning, and field experience) into a comprehensive learning experience for Heart & Soul Coaches on their journey toward Heart & Soul Certification.
The Senior Associate of Training & Implementation supports the development, use, and maintenance of internal systems that contribute to the scale and growth of Community Heart & Soul. This includes a.) creation, revision and maintenance of a comprehensive training curriculum; b.) continual monitoring and evaluation of programs; c.) attention to and maintenance of relationships and network growth; and d.) supporting the key deliverables of the Action Plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Associate of Training & Implementation contributes in five main areas:
COACH TRAINING and FACILITATION (component of formal instruction– 10%)
• Facilitation of all aspects of the Community Heart & Soul Coach Training Program (virtually and in-person)
COACH MENTORING and ASSESSING (component of collaborative learning and field experience– 50%)
• Provide quality mentoring to coaches, using the Coaching and Training Philosophy as a guide
• Utilize assessment tools to provide constructive feedback during a Coach’s field experience in a Heart & Soul community
SHARED LEARNING AND NETWORK SUPPORT (component of collaborative learning– 10%)
• Contribute to the development and support of Coach cohorts
• Create, strengthen and maintain linkages with prospective and existing Partners, Coaches, Communities
• Support and foster a robust and innovative Coach and Town Community of Practice
COMMUNITY HEART & SOUL TRAINING CURRICULUM IMPROVEMENT (internal systems– 15%)
• Provide feedback, revise content, and contribute to training revision cycles
MONITORING AND EVALUATION (internal systems– 15%)
• Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of a.) the Community Heart & Soul Coach Training Program; and b.) the Community Heart & Soul model in small cities and towns across the United States
The Senior Associate may also perform other duties as assigned. Work is supervised by the Director of Training.
The Senior Associate of Training & Implementation also embodies the following essential qualifications.
Education and Experience
• A college degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, such as training and development; community education, engagement, development, or planning; or place-based work, preferred. Another combination of education and experience providing comparable knowledge and skills may be acceptable
• Experience delivering training in-person and virtually to various sized cohorts
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
• Passion and dedication to engaging diverse groups to make a positive difference for small cities and towns
• Practices a coaching/mentoring mindset and demonstrates the ability to develop, build and maintain positive relationships
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on listening to understand
• Team-oriented, with an ability and desire to collaborate through co-designing, co-facilitating, co-mentoring, and co-learning
• Ability to help revise curriculum in a matching writing style, language and voice
• Enthusiastic, willing and adaptable to changing needs and priorities common in organizations pursuing high-impact change
• Honesty, integrity, loyalty, and compassion
• Well-organized and able to track, prioritize and advance initiatives involving multiple stakeholders
• Good writing skills a plus!
• Ability to travel by plane and car for 4-6 days/month on average, including some overnights
Essential job functions and qualifications are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. This job description is general and may evolve over time. The description is subject to periodic updating. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different and/or additional duties or responsibilities.
Orton Family Foundation encourages applications from all individuals who will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the Foundation.